We made our first cupcake liner craft and when we were done I went out to the store and bought a whole bunch more cupcake liners because they are so easy to craft with and the new shape and texture offer new challenges to create with. We used one cupcake liner to make our rainbow and pot of gold. I love how the ridges of the cupcake liner give our rainbow dimension. Any wee leprechaun (or kid) will be sure to enjoy this cute ‘ole St. Patrick’s Day craft!
St. Patricks Day Suggested Books
(Pictures are affiliate links)
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover!
Ten Lucky Leprechauns
St Patrick’s Day (Bright Baby Touch and Feel)
Rainbow and a Pot of Gold Craft
|Pin Me Please! 🙂|
White Paper Cupcake Liners-affiliate link
Craft paper (blue, green, yellow, white)
Craft paint (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, back)
Thin paint brush
Gold glitter (optional)
1. Cut the cupcake liner in half, then cut out the half circle from the bottom of the liner. The ruffled part from the sides of the liner will be the rainbow and the half circle will be the pot of gold.
2. Trace out some gold on the yellow craft paper and have child cut it out. Then have them paint the half circle black to look like a pot.
3. Draw some grass on the green paper and clouds on the white paper and have child cut them out and glue them onto the blue paper.
4. Have the child paint their rainbow starting at the top with the color red and continuing to purple. They will need to paint a thin line of each color to make sure there is enough room for all the colors. We glued our rainbow to our paper and then very carefully painted it (lots of fine motor skills for sure!) You may want to have your child paint their rainbow first, and then glue it to their paper once it is dry.
I finally remembered to put the paint in rainbow order starting with red. We used this opportunity to talk about color mixing.
5. Glue the gold and pot of gold on and add glitter.
|Pin Me Please! 🙂|
Hi! I love the rainbow! It’s too cute for words! I featured your post in our Learn & Play Link Up this week. Thank you for sharing and hope you join us again. Thank you!