- Is it ever hard to share?
- How do you feel when you share?
- Why do you think the grouchy ladybug wanted to fight?
- Is it okay to fight with others?
- What do you do if you see someone bullying someone?
- Did the friendly ladybug forgive the grouchy ladybug when he returned to the leaf?
- Have you ever forgiven someone who was mean to you?
- How did they feel after you forgave them? How did you feel after you forgave them?
- What does grouchy look like? What makes you grouchy?
- What does happy look like? What makes you happy?
- How do you think the friendly ladybug felt when the grouchy ladybug wanted to fight him?
- What color are ladybugs?
- What do ladybugs eat?
- Learn about ladybugs… Here is more info provided by National Geographic on Ladybugs.
- The book has a picture of a clock in the corner of the page and references time throughout. It would be fun to use a clock and change the time to match the pages.
- How long did it take the ladybug to find…?
- How long was it until the ladybug returned to the leaf with the friendly ladybug?
Now let’s get crafting!
The Grouchy Ladybug Handprint Craft
|Pin Me Please! 🙂|
|We mixed yellow and blue paint together to practice color mixing but when the paint dried the colors where muted (you can see in our final picture). I quickly made a second picture for this post.|
3. Have kiddo make a fist and paint the top part of their fist red, then use the painted area to print on one side of the leaf. Repeat on the other side. The right hand makes the ladybug on the left, and the left hand makes the ladybug on the right.
Once your painting is dry you are all done.
|Butterfly Metamorphosis Craft
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Toddler & Preschool Activities