Easy and creatively fun printable Hungry Caterpillar-themed activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to learn, play, and craft.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of our all time favorite children’s books so to go along with it we have an activity pack that is stocked full of learning activities for your preschooler and kindergartner. Your child will learn letters, numbers, phonics, fine motor skills, shapes, science, and more.
Each activity was created with purpose, fun, and learning in mind to engage your little learner.
For example, the Do-a-Dot pages are great for fine motor skills and math because students can place objects on each dot and count to 10 or 20. I love combining activities with learning.
The Letter Cards can be used for sand trays or matching uppercase and lowercase letters. Students could also use them to find beginning or ending sounds, or build CVC words.
To help with writing skills there are line tracing pages, shape tracing pages, and alphabet writing pages. As you can see below, the alphabet writing pages feature The Very Hungry Caterpillar and an object from the story that matches the letter or a different object that isn’t from the story to complete the A-Z set.
The activities can be adapted and changed as your students learn.
I love giving you the tools to teach your child at their level with activities that can be adapted as your child learns. For example the 10-Frame Cards come in two sets, one for students who need guided counting (with dots) and the other frame set is blank (no dots) for mastery work. They can be used to count 0-10 or can be used as math mats to help students add or subtract 0-10.
The Story Telling Slider includes objects and words to increase reading, language, and memory as they use it to retell The Very Hungry Caterpillar in their own words.
A Life Cycle Spinner is included that students can color, cut, and assemble as they learn about metamorphosis.
Lift the Flap Craft
You also get one of our all time favorite crafts, The Very Hungry Caterpillar Lift the Flap craft. This craft is not only adorable, it is a fun way to teach kids the days of the week.
and there is even more, check out the list of everything included in the 100 pages of printable activities!!!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printable Activity Pack
Note: The photos are a sample of what is inside the pack (because 100 pages is a lot of photos). The list includes everything that is inside the pack. Take a look below.
- Days of the Week Flap Book
- Trace the lines (Curves, Lines)
- Cut the lines (Lines, Zig Zags, Swirl)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Lift the Flap Craft
- Days of the week Craft
- Counting Food Craft
- Do a Dot Pages
- 4 pages with 10 dots
- 4 pages with 20 dots
- Story Telling Slide and Read Activity
- Print in Color Caterpillar
- Color Me Caterpillar
- Beginning Sound Letter Match: Uppercase and Lowercase
- A, B, I, C, P, W, C, S, O, L
- Syllable Sort
- Alphabet Cards (Writing Tray): Uppercase Letters
- Alphabet Cards (Writing Tray): Lowercase Letters
- Letter Munch Activity (to be used with Alphabet Cards)
- Trace the Words and Write the Words
- Alphabet Color, Trace, Write Pages (A-Z)
- Complete the Pattern Page 1:
- ABA, ABC
- Complete the Pattern Page 2:
- ABA, ABC, AABB
- Complete the Pattern Page 3
- ABA, ABC, AABB, ABB
- In This a Pattern
- Yes, No, No, Yes, Yes, No
- 10 Frame Cards: Set 1 “Count With Me”
- 10 Frame Cards: Set 2 “I Count and Trace”
- Finish the Picture: Symmetry
- Butterfly, Watermelon, Ice Cream, Cupcake
- Trace the Shapes
- Triangle, Circle, Square, Heart, Star, Rectangle, and Oval
- Butterfly Life Cycle Spinner
- Nutrition Food Sort
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy
- Grows Vs. Made
GET IT NOW:
Don’t see the box? Click Here to be taken to the download.
Also Available on Etsy and Teachers Pay Teachers.