As I was sitting here thinking about Thanksgiving I realized that if I am going to start a Christmas advent calendar with my kids and have time to share it with you for your kids I needed to make it now because December 1st is almost here. I am so excited to share with you what I came up with because it’s a simple print and go activity for the holidays! Each day before Christmas kids can color a different ornament that has Santa or a winter theme to it. When they are done they can hang it on their advent calendar that looks like a Christmas tree. It’s a fun activity to keep your kids busy before Santa shows up.
Each year kids could color a new set of ornaments or you could laminate them and flip through them each year.
For those of you with good eyes, the printable says countdown and not count down (as shown in the large photo). Sometimes I make mistakes at 1 a.m. after a full day of kids–purty sure I am working on half a brain right now :).
BECAUSE ALL ACTIVITIES ARE BETTER WITH A BOOK!
Click photos: Affiliate links to more information on these books we love!
(Purchases through affiliate links earn us a small commission with no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure Policy here.)
Free Printable Advent Calendar
When will Santa visit?
|Pin me please! 🙂|
Advent Calendar printable (available for download at the end of this post)
Green and brown craft paper
White printer paper
Metal Paper Fasteners (affiliate link), sticky tack, or tape
Small hole punch (optional)
1. Print the Christmas tree on green paper, cut it out, cut out a brown rectangle for the trunk and glue it on the tree.
2. Print ornaments out on white paper and each day have the child color and cut out one ornament. I am planning on having my kids start at 1 and count up to 25, but you could always count backwards–it’s up to you :).
3. To hang the ornament poke a hole at the top and use a metal paper fastener to secure it in place.
DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE HERE:
PRINT THE DIRECTIONS HERE:
Printable Advent Calendar for Kids to Color and Countdown to Christmas
- Advent Calendar printable
- Green and brown craft paper
- White printer paper
- Metal Paper Fasteners (affiliate link), sticky tack, or tape
- Small hole punch (optional)
- Print the Christmas tree on green paper, cut it out, cut out a brown rectangle for the trunk and glue it on the tree. The template is available here: https://alittlepinchofperfect.com/free-printable-advent-calendar-to-color/
- Print ornaments out on white paper.
- Each day have the child color and cut out one ornament and hang it on their green paper tree.
- To hang the ornament poke a hole at the top and use a metal paper fastener to secure it in place.