Using the FREE printable set, you can EASILY make a CUTE pumpkin patch dramatic play activity that preschoolers, kindergartners, and kids of all ages will LOVE!
Turn your pretend play center into a pumpkin patch for kids that will inspire them to use their imagination and have fun for hours! You can easily create a CUTE and FUN pumpkin patch theme in your home or classroom this fall or Halloween with the free printable set that’s 25 pages that you can pick and choose what to include in your pumpkin patch dramatic play center.
See all our Halloween Activities Here.
What Does the Pumpkin Patch Dramatic Play Set Come with?
I just kept adding ideas! I created lots of items to give you enough to choose from so you can pick the activities that will work best in your play area or pre-k and kindergarten classroom. Check out the list that includes everything from the pack.
Can I Incorporate Math with the Pumpkin Patch Set?
Yes! Children will see numbers, can count money, and sort pumpkins as they naturally play in their pretend pumpkin patch.
Can I Incorporate Reading with the Pumpkin Patch Set?
Yes! The set encourages children to read and helps them be successful with picture clues and labels.
Pumpkin Patch Dramatic Play
If you like our Pumpkin Patch Play Set I would love for you to PIN IT! It helps you SAVE the idea and others discover it too, which lets us bring you more AWESOME CONTENT like this.
Pumpkin Patch Printable Activities and suggested ways how to use them:
Welcome to Pumpkin Patch Sign
We’re Open and We’re Closed Signs
Pick a Pumpkin and a Pick a Gourds Sign
- Optional: Add small pumpkin and guards for children to sort. You could place the signs on two different baskets, so children know where to put the pumpkins and gourds.
Pay Here Sign
- Add a toy cash register to increase pretend play. The printable set comes with “money” that is the perfect accompaniment to the cash register.
Weigh the Pumpkins
- Add a kitchen scale for children to weigh the pumpkins on.
Little Pumpkin and Big Pumpkin Sign
- Add two sizes of pumpkin toys/manipulatives for children to sort. You could place the signs on two different baskets so they know where to put the small pumpkins and large pumpkins. Since pumpkins are heavy, they don’t have to be “large,” just bigger than the small pumpkins. This is a great math opportunity for children to practice sorting.
Corn Maze Sign
- Add dried corn to your play center
Corn Maze Worksheet
- You can laminate this so children can use water-soluble dry-erase markers to see if they can draw a line from the start to the finish of the maze. This is a full way for them to practice their fine motor skills.
Hay Ride Signs
- Decorate with mini hay bales
- Cut out the price tags and add them to items in the dramatic play center.
Cafe Menu Sign
- Make a snack shop with the cafe menu supplies so pumpkin patch visitors can enjoy some seasonal goodies.
Personal Cafe Menus
- You can laminate these so children can use water-soluble dry-erase markers to select what they want on their order forms.
Pumpkin Recipe Cards
- The recipe cards match the items from the Cafe Menu so children can continue their “pretend play” as they make the menu items for their customers.
Pumpkin Recipe Labels
- The labels can be cut out and attached to “toy food items” so children know what ingredients to use. These labels also help increase literacy skills by creating a literacy-rich environment to your dramatic play area.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe Sign
- Set this out so your little learners can use the picture clues to “read” the recipe, and make a pumpkin pie.
Welcome to Pumpkin Patch Cafe Sign
Large Pumpkin Patch Sign
- Print the three-piece sign out, and tape it together.
Download the Template Here:
Don’t see the box? Click Here to download the template.