Children will enjoy learning the alphabet and phonics sounds with these print-and-play Alphabet Spinners…they spin the circle to reveal the pictures and words that match each letter!
If you are at home or school this set of Alphabet Phonics Spinners makes learning letter sounds fun and engaging. Each spinner has been carefully designed for maximum learning and includes each letter written in uppercase and lowercase letters, 5 words with the letter highlighted at the beginning of the word, and 5 pictures for easy identification and learning potential.
As children spin the top, the pictures appear with the name of the object written below the picture. Notice the beginning letter is highlighted in red. This helps children as they learn to read and associate the phonics sound with each letter.
The set comes in a print-in-color or a color-me (coloring book) version. You can print the set out and assemble it, or extend this activity further by letting your students color their own spinner increasing their recognition of each picture.
Watch our video to preview the Alphabet Spinners:
Alphabet Phonics Spinners Printable Activity
- Apple, Ant, Alligator, Ambulance, Anchor
- Bee, Banana, Bubbles, Ball, Book
- Cow, Crayon, Cactus, Cat, Cupcake
- Dog, Door, Dinosaur, Donut, Drum
- Elephant, Egg, Electricity, Envelope, Eagle
- Fish, Farm, Fire, Flower, Flag
- Grapes, Gum, Golf, Gorilla, Gate
- Hat, Hot dog, Horse, House, Hippo
- Igloo, Iguana, Insect, Ink, Ice cream
- Jet, Jam, Jump, Jar, Jellyfish
- Kite, Kangaroo, Key, Kiss, Koala
- Lion, Lego, Leaf, Ladybug, Lemon
- Milk, Map, Muffin, Mouse, Moon
- Nest, Narwhal, Nap, Net, Note
- Octopus, Olive, Orange, Otter, Open
- Pencil, Pizza, Paint, Pig, Peas
- Queen, Quack, Quiz, Quilt, Quail
- Rocket, Rainbow, Robot, Ring, Rabbit
- Sun, Stamp, Spider, Soap, Snake
- Tree, Taco, Turtle, Tent, Tiger
- Umbrella, Unlock, Under, Upstairs, Unicorn
- Volcano, Vet, Video game, Vase, Vote
- Whale, Watermelon, Wink, Wagon, Wand
- X-ray fish, Six, Ax, Fox, Mix (Words have the letter x highlighted red in each word)
- Yo-yo, Yolk, Yoga, Yak, Yellow
- Zebra, Zipper, Zoo, Zero, Zigzag
Don’t Miss These Resources Too!
Originally posted 9/8/2020, updated 1/2/2023