Hi friend! One of my favorite things to do is make food into art. It’s a great motivator to get my kiddos interested in their food and eating their snack. I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite plates to date because I love how colorful the balloons are. It takes just a few extra minutes to make and is healthy and yummy, perfect for your kiddo! I made this plate weeks ago and finally have time to share it with you. Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging.
Speaking of blogging, if you haven’t noticed things look a bit different around here. I hope you like the new look and find it easier to navigate. I am also proud to present our new button. To da! Feel free to grab a button to share. Everyone likes buttons, right!?! 🙂
Okay last announcement, following this post is the Click & Chat Social Media link up for bloggers to connect and find followers. If that sounds like you, make sure to link up 🙂
Now lets get snacking!
Blue round sprinkles (optional)
Flower bento decorations (optional) I bought mine at a local Asian store. I haven’t been able to find the same set on Amazon
1. Mix cream cheese with each color of food coloring you want to use for your balloons.
2. Spread each color of cream cheese on a cracker and add a small sliver of cheese as the balloon highlight.
3. Arrange crackers on the plate and use food coloring or chocolate syrup to draw balloon strings with a toothpick. I used chocolate syrup because that is what I had at the time. Food coloring would work great, they even make cool food coloring pens. I finally bought some the other day and I love to pull them out to make a quick decoration on my kiddos plate.
4. Put spinach leaves and flower decorations at the bottom of the plate.
5. Arrange blueberries at the top of the plate to make clouds. I added some blue round sprinkles for extra cuteness. Now it’s ready to serve.
Have a great snack!
If you love cute food, we have more fun ideas for you! Please join our followers to make sure you don’t miss our next yummy pin.