Patriotic Windsock Kids Craft
4 Toilet paper rolls
Red, White, and Blue paint
Streamers and/or ribbon (we used wire ribbon)
1. Paint the toilet paper rolls and let them dry. We painted the following
- 1 Blue with white dots
- 1 Red white and blue spots
- 2 Red with white hand print stripes
|Painted blue then dotted with with finger dipped in white paint.|
|Painted blue, red, then white spots.|
|Painted red, then white stripes are added by painting fingers white and wrapping them around the tube on each side.
2. Punch 1 hole at the top of each toilet paper roll.
3. Glue the toilet paper rolls together making sure the holes are at the top and pointing outwards.
4. Cut 2 pieces of yarn and tie to the top of the toilet paper holes making an X across the top.
5. Cut 4 streamers and any ribbon you may want to add to the tail of the windsock. Glue or tape the streamers to the inside of the toilet paper rolls. We used tape because I hate waiting patiently for glue to dry.
If adding ribbon, I suggest stapling it if you are putting your windsock outside. We originally taped ours, but it blew away in the wind.
|We also added a ribbon bow to the top.|
See more: Patriotic Ideas for Kids
See more: Craft Ideas for Kids
Such a cute little craft! I know my kids would love this. They are always trying to save toilet paper rolls and use them for random things.
These are so cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!
Hi Carrie, thanks so much for stopping by and the comment. I am so glad you think they are cute. Thank you for including them in your Fourth of July features this week! Have a fun weekend!
What a cute patriotic craft for the kids! Love it!
Hi Jennifer, thanks so much for commenting. It makes me smile that you love our craft! Thanks for visiting, have a great day! 🙂
I love your project! How can it be the 4th of July already?!?! We are featuring you this week on Family Fun Friday at Happy and Blessed Home. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Sarah, thanks so much for visiting, I am thrilled you love our project and are going to feature it!!! I hope you have a great week and I am looking forward to seeing the feature with the other fun ideas you have rounded up.
I can't get over how cute this is! I've been looking for something to do with all of those toilet paper rolls that we've been saving 🙂 Thanks!
Thanks so much for the comment, I am so glad you like it. Have a great weekend!
Thanks for sharing on the Mess for Less FB page. I love this idea! The ribbon just adds a pretty touch as well.
Hi Vicky, thanks for visiting and I am so glad you love our idea. I totally agree about the ribbon, it was an afterthought that turned out to be the perfect touch. Have a great weekend!
Thanks Tiffiny for visiting, I am glad you think our craft is cute! 🙂