Patriotic Windsock Kids Craft
4 Toilet paper rolls
Red, White, and Blue paint
Streamers and/or ribbon (we used wire ribbon)
1. Paint the toilet paper rolls and let them dry. We painted the following
- 1 Blue with white dots
- 1 Red white and blue spots
- 2 Red with white hand print stripes
|Painted blue then dotted with with finger dipped in white paint.|
|Painted blue, red, then white spots.|
|Painted red, then white stripes are added by painting fingers white and wrapping them around the tube on each side.
2. Punch 1 hole at the top of each toilet paper roll.
3. Glue the toilet paper rolls together making sure the holes are at the top and pointing outwards.
4. Cut 2 pieces of yarn and tie to the top of the toilet paper holes making an X across the top.
5. Cut 4 streamers and any ribbon you may want to add to the tail of the windsock. Glue or tape the streamers to the inside of the toilet paper rolls. We used tape because I hate waiting patiently for glue to dry.
If adding ribbon, I suggest stapling it if you are putting your windsock outside. We originally taped ours, but it blew away in the wind.
|We also added a ribbon bow to the top.|