Kids can have fun learning the letter O with these free Octopus themed activities for preschoolers and kindergartners.
Find all our Letter of the Week A-Z Series here.
Letter O Sight Words
Free Printable: Letter O Sight Words
Ideas for printable:
- Place word and matching picture out when doing an activity that matches the word
- Color the cards
- Read the word together and match the word with the picture
- Point and name the letters on the card
- Write the letter of the week on each card
- Write the word on each card
O is for Octopus
SUGGESTED BOOKS & ACTIVITIES:
Click photos: Affiliate links to more information on these items we love! (Purchases through affiliate links earn us a small commission with no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure Policy here.)
Good Thing You’re Not an Octopus!Inky the Octopus: The Official Story of One Brave Octopus’ Daring Escape (Includes Marine Biology Facts for Fun Early Learning!)Octopus’s GardenOcean Sea Animals, 78 Piece Mini Sea Life Creatures Toys Set, ValeforToy Plastic Underwater Sea Animals Learning Toys for Boys Girls Kids Toddlers Party Bag Stuffers, Gift, Prize, Piñata, Sensory ToyCreativity for Kids Sensory Bin: Ocean and Sand – Fine Motor and Sensory Toys for KidsNewbested 40 Pack Unfinished Wooden Ocean Sea Animal Life Cutouts,Octopus,Shark,Whale,Dolphin,Turtle,Crab,Squid,Seahorse Shapes Model for Home Decor Ornament,DIY Craft Art Project(5 PCS/Shape)
- Suggested Song: Octopus’s Garden (Youtube video by TheClemmer) and if you want to show your kiddos a cute video of an octopus check this out Little Octopus Climbing Over Rock (Youtube video by Parry Gripp)
O is for Octopus Craft
1. Print the pattern on craft paper and have child cut them out. You may need to help cut the bottom of the octopus out. I was thinking it was going to be challenging for Little Tiger (age 4) but she didn’t need my help at all.
2. Have child glue googly eyes to the front of the octopus and use a pen to draw the mouth.
3. Cut out 8 pieces of ribbon and glue them to the back of the octopus.
4. Glue the octopus to the letter O. If you would like, you can also glue the craft to a piece of craft paper.
Octopus Suction Cup Sorting Game
Wire twist tie or ribbon
Octopus toy (optional)
Octopus Fine Motor Skills Painting
Free Printable: Octopus Fine Motor Skills PaintingObjectives: Creativity, Fine motor skills
Cereal & Glue