This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Popcorn and movies go together just like laughter and minions go together and with the release of Illumination Entertainment’s Minions movie coming up, it is certainly a great time to celebrate. So round up your kids and head to the kitchen to make some minion popcorn treats that are perfect for family movie night or a minions party. The popsicle shaped minions are totally adorable and not messy to eat because they are on a stick–perfect for enjoying on the couch with the family.
If you ever wondered where the minions came from or how Gru from Despicable Me ended up with a whole gang of yellow friends, you have got to see Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. It’s being released on December 8th, 20015 and if you preorder the deluxe Blu-Ray edition from Target you get a $5 Target Gift Card (it’s like a gift to you just for buying a movie–sweet! :). Another way you will feel extra awesome for buying the deluxe edition from Target is their DVD has 40 minutes of Target Exclusive content that includes minion crafts and party ideas, not to mention the movie comes in the cutest movie case in the world that is only available at Target. Check it all out here: Minions Movie at Target.
Minion Popcorn Treat on a Stick
|Pin me please! 🙂|
1 1/2 C. Popped popcorn
3/4 C. Marshmallows
Chewy chocolate candy
2 microwave safe bowls
We grabbed all our supplies at Target in the baking and snack isles.
1. Pop popcorn as directed.
2. Pour about 1/2 c. of marshmallows in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until they are melted. You want them to turn runny, but not burn or get bubbly. Add some yellow food coloring to the marshmallows and stir. Then add 1 c. popped popcorn and stir. We started with five drops of food coloring and then added more to get our desired color. This part was a bit hard for the kids so I took over stirring because the marshmallows are very sticky.
3. Pour about 1/4 c. of marshmallows in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until they are melted. Add some blue food coloring to the marshmallows and stir. We started with two drops of food coloring and then added more to get our desired color. Then add 1/2 c. popped popcorn and stir.
4. Spray your popsicle molds with nonstick spray, and then use the spoon to fill the popsicle mold 3/4 of the way full with yellow popcorn. Press down the popcorn so it sticks together.
5. Fill the remaining 1/4 of the popsicle mold with blue popcorn to look like suspenders, remembering to compact the popcorn with the spoon.
6. Gently insert the popsicle stick handle into the mold and let them set in the fridge until they are cool.
7. Gently remove the popsicle mold and let kids decorate the minions by pressing marshmallows and chocolate candy onto their popcorn treat. Smash the marshmallows for the eyes and use the rolling pin to flatten the chocolate candy, and then cut or mold pieces into smiles, goggle straps, and parts of the eye.
|Pin me please! 🙂|