This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company, Kellogg Company, J.M. Smucker Company, and The HERSHEY’S Company. All opinions are mine alone. #StartSchoolLikeAChampion #CollectiveBias
This paper plate craft couldn’t get any sweeter because it includes handprints made by your favorite kiddo, hearts, and HERSHEY’S KISSES that kids can share with those they love! It was inspired by The Kissing Hand, which is an adorable story about Chester the raccoon who has to muster up a lot of bravery to go to school. Thanks to his mother’s love and one special kiss he is successful (don’t we all want our children to succeed?)
Speaking of success at school, we all know reading is an important part of a child’s education so I am thrilled to tell you right now you can earn free books just by shopping (our first free book is already on the way). Kellogg’s, Coca-Cola, J.M. Smucker, HERSHEY’S, and Walmart have teamed up with our favorite book retailer, Scholastic Books, to make a power team of champions who are giving you the opportunity to earn free books to #StartSchoolLikeAChampion just by buying the products you and your kid’s already love!
To get our free books we went on a treasure hunt to Walmart (the only store for this opportunity), and found participating products. They were marked with an American flag for the 2016 Olympic Games which made it easy for the kids to spot. See all the 50+: Participating Products Here. You have until September 30th to go shopping which gives you plenty of time.
Here is our shopping list that earned us 8 books:
- Jif ® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter 40oz (found in the peanut butter aisle)
- Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cereal 24oz (found in the cereal aisle)
- Kellogg’s® Pop-Tarts® Frosted S’mores 29.3oz (in the breakfast aisle)
- Coca-Cola® 7.5oz/8pk Mini Can (found in the drink aisleor in the middle display)
- Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cups® 36oz (found in the candy aisleor in the middle display)
- HERSHEY’S® Kisses 36oz (found in the candy aisleor in the middle display)
- Minute Maid® Apple Juice 10pk (found in the juice aisle)
- Minute Maid® Orange Juice with Calcium & Vitamin D 59oz Carton (found in the refrigerated aisle)
Once we got home I submitted our receipt here: Start School Like a Champion
The steps are simple.
- Sign up for Kellog’s rewards if you haven’t done so already.
- Best way to continue to earn free stuff.
- Upload a photo of your Walmart receipt with participating items within 30 days of purchase.
- Just snap a clear picture with your camera or phone and send it over.
- Choose your books to keep or donate.
- You can get 1 book per item, up to 90 books-WOW
The fun part is picking out the books. Once your points have been added to your account click the Offers section and the Redeem button under the Start School Like a Champion sign and pick out your books ( and there are no shipping charges). I can’t wait to receive our books to add to our story time collection–I’m sure we will be inspired to make a new craft or two!
Now it’s your turn. Happy Reading your Free Scholastic Books.
Handprint and Kisses Paper Plate Craft
2 paper plates
Tan paint for handprint or mix your own paint (We used brown, white, pink, and yellow)
Gray paint (optional)
Red paper heart
Glue dots or tape
Cover child’s hand in tan paint. We used our left hand to make the print just like in the book.
Have child make a handprint on the back of the paper plate. You can also have them paint to decorate the outer edge of their paper plate. We used gray like Chester the raccoon. Set the paper plate aside to dry.
Have child use the glue dots to connect hearts to the bottom of the HERSHEY’S Kisses.
Cut a section of the paper plate out to make an opening for kids to reach in and get a kiss.
Staple the handprint paper plate to the second paper plate making sure to leave the top open.
Put HERSHEY’S Kisses inside for kids to share with friends and family to make sure they always remember they are loved–even when at school.
Thanks for supporting A Little Pinch of Perfect and our sponsors.
So glad I found your site! Thanks for sharing all your inspiring ideas. I think kids will love that craft and they will be more expecting the new school year.
This is such a wonderful program and that craft is just adorable–both are perfect ways to get ready for the new school year and start like a champion for sure!
Hi Nicole, Thanks so much and I totally agree, free books are wonderful!