My daughter helped to decorate these eggs, however I did a lot of the glittering. She is only 3, I assume that an older child would be able to help out a lot more. Either way we had fun and managed to glitter our whole kitchen 🙂 If you are looking for a 3 year old tested way to decorate eggs, try our Tie Dye Eggs they turn out so pretty and there are no cups of dye to spill.
Glitter Easter Eggs
Clear finishing spray
Click photos: Affiliate links to suggested supplies!
You could use plastic eggs, or I poked a hole in the top and bottom of our eggs and blew them out. After all the glue and spray I wouldn’t recommend using eggs your were planning on eating, I am pretty sure they would be gross and possibly toxic.
1. Mix glue and water together to make a thin glue mixture. Ours was about a 1 to 1 mixture, but I think if I was going to do it again I would have made it a little less watery.
2. Here is the secret to the bright color, add a few drops of food coloring to your glue mixture and stir it in. We used food colors that matched our glitter. The food coloring will color the egg making the glitter look even brighter. I know I promised Bright Colors Without An Extra Step, but this step was so easy and didn’t require egg dye I figured in the crafting and egg dying world, it didn’t really count 🙂
3. Use your que tip to cover the egg in your glue mixture. I stuck a que tip inside our egg to help hold it in place. A long skewer or stick would work really well too.
4. Cover the egg in glitter and let it dry.
5. Spray egg with finishing spray to make sure the glitter stays on really well and your done!
Enjoying this post? Be sure to join our e-mail subscribers: Click Here for More Information
SEE ALL OUR EASTER CRAFTS HERE: EASTER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS