Welcome friends to another fun Monday!
This week we are starting our Letter E activities with Elmer the Elephant. We have a free letter E sight words printable, letter E elephant craft with printable (also free of course), and an art project inspired by Elmer the Elephant that will get your kiddo having fun creating freely (read here why I like process art). Elmer is an adorable elephant who teaches readers that what is unique about us, makes us special. If you haven’t read it, I totally recommend it. The book is not necessary to join in the fun today so stick around and keep reading. Also at the end of this post is the Click and Chat Social Media Link Up so bloggers can grow their social media followers. 🙂 Alright, now you know the plan so let’s get started 🙂
Letter E Sight Words
Free Printable: Letter E Sight Words
Ideas for printable:
- Place word and matching picture out when doing an activity that matches the word
- Color the cards
- Read the word together and match the word with the picture
- Point and name the letters on the card
- Write the letter of the week on each card
- Write the word on each card
Find all our Letter of the Week A-Z Series here.
Suggested Books: Elmer by David McKee
Suggested Song: Elephant Steps You Tube video by Patty Shukla
E is for Elephant Craft
Elmer the Elephant Art
2. Give kids craft paper strips, tissue paper, and glue and have them glue the tissue paper to the strips.
3. Once they are done decorating their strips, have kids glue the strips to a piece of craft paper. If you wanted to, you could cut your artwork out in the shape of an elephant to look more like Elmer.
Follow board Learn with Kids Activities:
Follow A Little Pinch of Perfect’s board Learn With Kids Activities on Pinterest.