I am so excited to share with you our Very Hungry Caterpillar printable book today with numbers, fruits, counting, and colors because I am hoping you love Book Inspired Activities and all things Eric Carle as much as the kids and I do! The repetition, coloring pictures, and pre-writing practice in the printable book are perfect for helping kids learn to read!
Around our house we have been making books like crazy because I just love hearing my daughter (age 4, preschooler) read! Little Tiger is so proud when she reads them to anyone who will listen and I love watching her read!!! I foresee lot’s of printable books coming soon because I don’t think I will ever get over how exciting it is to watch her read, lol. We made The Very Hungry Caterpillar Fruit Pizzas to enjoy as we read together and played some fun Very Hungry Caterpillar Games.
Markers (red, green, purple, orange)
Printable (available at the end of this post)
1. Look at the book, and color the fruit the same color (apple-red, pear-green ,plum-purple, strawberry- red, orange-orange).
2. Cut out the number and color names on page 1 or if your child can write independently, skip this step.
3. Count the number of fruit and glue the number on the first space (or have child write the number in the space).
4. Glue the color of the fruit on the second space (or have child write the color in the space).
5. Have child trace the name of the fruit.
More Book Inspired Activities
Pete the Cat Activities +Printable
LMNO Peas & 1-2-3 Peas Activities
The 3 Little Pigs Activities + Printables
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Activities
Get the Printable Here:
Don’t see the box? CLICK HERE to be directed to the download. Please share and pin our printable 🙂