It’s a Fabulous Friday and we are finishing up the week with cupcakes. Yummy! We made our cupcakes as a personalized Father’s Day treat full of Dad’s favorite candy because we all love Dad and want him to stay sweet! It’s nice to be able to actually surprise Dad…I’ll tell you the funny story about how our Dad already knows what he is getting a bit later.
Cooking with your kiddo is such a great activity to spend time together. While making memories in the kitchen you are also teaching life skills, measurements, counting, patience, reading, and direction following skills just to name a few AWESOME benefits. Just remember that cooking with kids takes longer then expected, so plan accordingly so you have time to be patient. With that said, let’s get baking!
Cake mix and ingredients
Favorite candy or
Favorite cookies (optional)
1. Make cupcake batter according to ingredients.
2. Chop up bite size pieces of candy.
|Rolos, Snickers, Grasshopper Cookies|
3. Place a cookie in each cupcake cup (optional)
4. Pour batter in cupcake cups, place pieces of candy in the middle, and cover the candy with a spoonful of batter.
|Add 3 or so pieces, the more candy you use the bigger the surprise! Ms. Tiger sampled a lot of our candy so we filled our cupcakes as much as we could, but next time I will fill them more.|
5. Bake as directed, let cupcakes cool, decorate, then enjoy! Everyone is sure to love biting into this fun and surprising treat that’s personalized with love.
|Mmmm, a yummy cookie base and melted caramel!|
Next week we are getting patriotic so be sure to come back and see what fun games and activities we have come up with. Mondays post is a new game that we play everyday because Ms. Tiger and Mr. Tickles LOVE IT!!!