The kids and I made a sleeping bear in its winter den as part of our hibernation activities using paper plates and nature treasures we gathered from outside. Our little bear looks so cute nestled in for some winter rest! Make your own sleeping bear using our free printable template while having fun learning about hibernation.
Paper Plate Bear in Cave Craft
Bear template (available to download for free at the end of this post)
Craft paint (black, gray)
Nature treasures (leaves, sticks, bark…)
1. Cut paper plate in half and cut out the middle section to make a “C” shape for the front of the cave.
2. Paint the “C” shape gray and the other half of the paper plate black for the inside of the cave and set aside to dry.
3. Cut out a bear and draw a sleeping face on it. Little Tiger liked making sleepy eyes instead of the regular round awake eyes.
4. Glue the bear to the black part of the cave and decorate the cave with cotton balls and nature treasures. Little Tiger wanted to make sure her bears were extra comfortable because they were going to be sleeping a long time.
5. Glue the “C” shape on top of the black part and the craft is complete! Shhh… don’t wake the sleeping bear :).
Get the Template Here:
Don’t see the box? CLICK HERE to be directed to the download. Please share and pin our printable ?