It’s finally time for the letter K, one of my favorite letters! We have a letter K site words printable, letter K kite craft and printable, and a fun kite flying activity that you can do indoors to share with you. My kids loved playing with our kites and exploring the power of wind. They giggled so hard it was fun to watch them play and learn together. So let’s get started 🙂
Letter K Sight Words
Free Printable: Letter K Sight Words
Ideas for printable:
- Place word and matching picture out when doing an activity that matches the word
- Color the cards
- Read the word together and match the word with the picture
- Point and name the letters on the card
- Write the letter of the week on each card
- Write the word on each card
Find all our Letter of the Week A-Z Series here.
K is for Kite
Suggested Books: Kite Flying (Affiliate link) by Grace Lin
Suggested Song: Let’s Go Fly a Kite (Youtube video by musicfactorymusic)
K is for Kite Craft
Objectives: Letter recognition, creativity, fine motor skills
Age Group: Preschool/Tot School
Clear contact paper
Foam craft sticks
Small pieces of tissue paper
1. Trace the kite shape on a piece of contact paper and cut it out.
2. Have the child cut out rectangles, color the pieces, and glue them together to form the letter K.
3. Place the colored side down on the sticky part of the contact paper. Then have child stick tissue paper onto the contact paper.
4. Glue the tissue paper side of the kite to a piece of craft paper.
5. Glue 4 foam craft sticks around the contact paper to frame the kite. I meant for us to add some ribbon in a bow at the bottom of the kite, but I forgot until now…oh dear… 🙂
Exploring Wind with Mini Kites
More Kite Ideas:
Follow board Learn with Kids Activities:
Follow A Little Pinch of Perfect’s board Learn With Kids Activities on Pinterest.