After our Ocean Sensory Activity we needed to make an ocean themed craft, so inspired by our favorite clown fish and blue tang fish, we painted Nemo & Dory. Finding Nemo was my daughter’s first favorite movie, and ever since she has been a little Disney fan! When she was two we bought her a mini salt water fish tank with her very own Nemo and Marlin (unfortunately Dory grows too big for our tank). So while we were painting our hands to make our Handprint Craft, we watched our very own Nemo nod in approval when he saw the painting we made of him :). We are counting down the days until Finding Dory comes out.
|Pin Me Please! 🙂|
Craft paper- Light blue, green, gray or brown, white, black
Craft paint-White, orange, blue, dark blue or black, yellow
Directions for Nemo
1. Use the orange and white paint to paint 3 orange stripes and 2 white stripes on the child’s hand and make a handprint on the blue paper.
Directions for Dory
1. Use the blue paint to cover child’s hand except for the very tip of their finger tips. Use the dark blue paint to paint the top part of their hand remembering to leave the very tip of their fingers clean. Finally, use the yellow paint and cover the child’s finger tips then make a
Directions for Both
1. Draw seaweed on the green paper and rocks on the gray paper and have the child cut them out and glue the decorations onto the blue paper.
2. To make the eyes, draw a large circle (about the size of a quarter) on the white paper and a smaller circle (about the size of a penny) on the black paper and have the child cut them out and glue them on their fish making sure to glue the white circle first.
3. Use the black pen to draw a mouth.
Add to the fun with these great ideas!
[ess_grid alias=”Summer and 4th of July and Ocean”]
Such a cute craft! thank you for sharing on Arty Crafty Kids – Helen
Hi Helen, Thanks so much for the visit and sweet comment! 🙂