Dr. Seuss day is coming up on March 2nd, and to celebrate we made our very own red and striped hat just like the one that sits on top of the famous Cat in the Hat. Come grab our free printable hat pattern so your kids can make one too with our newest book inspired activity and don’t forget to check out some of our favorite Dr. Seuss activities that go with some of our favorite Dr.Seuss books like The Lorax, One Fish Two Fish, and more!
|Pin Me Please! 🙂|
Red and white craft paper
Tape or stapler
Option: Instead of using craft paper, you can have child draw the lines on their hat and use markers or paint to color the red stripes.
1. Cut out red and white stripes and glue them onto your craft paper. Cut out the top part of the hat from the printable and trace it on the red and white stripes. Cut out the hat shape.
2. Trace the brim of the hat on white craft paper, cut it out, and glue it onto the bottom of the hat.
3. Cut out long pieces of white paper and make a head band that will fit around the child’s head. Tape the head band together at the appropriate size, then attach the hat to the head band.
Free Printable: The Cat in the Hat Printable Hat Pattern
More Dr. Seuss Crafts, Activities, & Free Printables
One Fish Two Fish
Rhyming Fish Play with Dr. Seuss + Free Printable by Kitchen Floor Crafts
Dr. Suess Color Mixing Art Activity by Mini Monets and Mommies
One Fish Two Fish Pre-K Printables by Totschooling
One Fish Two Fish Counting Game + Printable by Mama Miss
Fishbowl Craft by I Can Teach My Child
Red Fish Blue Fish ABC Match by Growing Book by Book
The Lorax Cupcake Liner Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
ABC Truffula Trees Gross Motor Game by Stir the Wonder/
Handprint Trufula Trees by the Educators’ Spin On It
10 Apples Up On Top Math Game by Mamma.Pappa.Bubba
Horton Hears A Who Crafts by Artsy Momma
Oh The Places You’ll Go Geography Activity by No Time for Flash Cards
Dr. Suess Inspired Activities for Older Children by Planet Smarty Pants
Put Me in the Zoo Leopard Craft by Glued to My Crafts
Thing 1 & Thing 2 Dr. Seuss Inspired Cupcakes by Meaningful Mama
Dr. Seuss Shape Recognition Activity by Mom Endeavors
Dr. Seuss Activity – “There’s a Wocket in my Pocket!” by A Mom with a Lesson Plan
Counting with Yertle the Turtle by Inspiration Laboratories
Love to Learn Linky #31
Make sure to stop by my lovely co-hosts to see what they have featured:
Love to Learn Linky
Now it’s time for some more links! Bloggers, share your posts every Thursday and watch as we round them up and share them all over the place. Almost anything goes, we’re just hoping your activities teach kids (or us!) something (science, art, cooking, behavior, crafting, parenting etc…).
The Love to Learn Linky is hosted by:
Love to Learn Linky Etiquette:
- Posts should be about educating our kids in any way – science, art, cooking, crafts, behavior, parenting, etc. Please keep them family friendly and please no Etsy shops or giveaways unless they are relevant to the topic.
- Upload your direct post link to the InLinkz widget. Link up to 3 posts.
- Like the hosts on Facebook: A Little Pinch of Perfect, Totschooling, One Time Through and Left Brain Craft Brain.
- Or follow the hosts on Pinterest: A Little Pinch of Perfect, One Time Through, Left Brain Craft Brain, Totschooling.
- Post our button on your site.
- By linking up, you agree to have your images shared with credit.
Link up and grab a button!
Love to Learn Linky: An InLinkz Link-up