Free Printable: Letter B Sight Words
- Place word and matching picture out when doing an activity that matches the word
- Color the cards
- Read the word together and match the word with the picture
- Point and name the letters on the card
- Write the letter of the week on each card
- Write the word on each card
Suggested Song: Fly, Fly Butterfly (You Tube Video by Muffin Songs)
Find all our Letter of the Week A-Z Series here.
B is for Butterfly Activities
B is for Butterfly Craft
Free Printable: B for Butterfly Pattern
Objectives: Letter B recognition, creativity
Age Group: Preschool
1. Cut out the B is for butterfly pattern and trace the pieces onto your craft paper.
2. Have kiddo cut out the butterfly pieces.
|Ms. Tiger always loves using her scissors.|
3. Lay out the pieces to form two letter B’s and glue them together.
4. Glue tissue paper to the back of the letter B’s.
5. Paint the tissue paper with the water colors, glue the antennas in place at the top of the letter, and glue the long part of the B’s together to form a butterfly with two wings.
B is for Butterfly Activity
Free Printable: 1-20 Number Mat or Cards
Objectives: Counting, Numbers, Sorting, Sensory Play, Fine Motor Skills
Age Group: Preschool/ Tot School
Bow Tie Pasta (We used multi colored pasta-I couldn’t find the same type on Amazon so you may want to pick up a bag from your grocery store or dye your pasta before the activity)
Toilet paper rolls
Fine motor skill tools
1. Place the supplies on a tray and let the child explore, play, and learn. It’s really as simple as that.
|He stayed busy using his scoops to put butterflies in small containers, dumping them out, and doing it over again and again. As always, he tried to eat our activity but since it was hard pasta he only tried once and I didn’t worry because it was just dried pasta. I like to try and keep our toddler activities edible.|
|Ms. Tiger (age 3.5) sorted her butterflies in containers and made them each a little bed to sleep in. After playing for awhile she also put her butterflies on her counting mat and we named the numbers together.|
|I love watching my kiddos play and learn together!|